- 2 St Pierre Brioche Baguettes
- 4tbs mayonnaise
- 1 tbs (or more to taste) sriracha sauce
- 1 tbs plain flour
- 1 tbs cajun spices
- 180g raw king prawns (shelled and de-veined)
- 4 tbs breadcrumbs
- Oil for frying
- Two handfuls shredded Iceberg lettuce
- 2 vine tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 red chilli, very thinly sliced
- Skin on fries
- Sriracha mayonnaise, above
- Fresh green chillies, sliced
- Warm the baguettes in a preheated oven for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix the flour and spices together in a bowl then add the raw prawns and toss well to coat them all over. Remove the prawns and set on a plate
- Add the breadcrumbs to the remaining spiced flour in the bowl and mix then tip the dusted prawns back into the bowl. Coat well with breadcrumbs and set aside
- Wash and shred the lettuce and slice the tomatoes and chillies. Open the warm baguettes and spread a little sriracha mayo onto each base. Add a generous amount of lettuce and some tomato slices
- Heat 100ml vegetable oil in a large deep wok and when it’s hot, carefully add the prawns. You can check it’s hot enough by testing with a few breadcrumbs, which should sizzle as soon as you put them in the pan. Fry for about 3 minutes, until golden, crispy and cooked through, turning with a large metal spoon halfway through cooking. Check that the flesh has turned pink all the way through.
- Lift the prawns out with a metal slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper, then pile into the baguettes. Add some sliced red chilli for an extra kick and serve with fries drizzled with more sriracha mayo and green chillies
If using a wok, take extra care with the hot oil. Do not overheat and never leave the pan unattended. Alternatively, use a deep fat fryer according to the instructions.
Soft Brioche Baguettes
Four large, sub-sized brioche baguettes – each pre-cut at the side for easy filling. With a deliciously soft texture, a gently sweet flavour and a golden finish, these brioche sub rolls are a European staple. Perfectly suited for warm, cold, sweet or savoury fillings, all you have to do is choose your favourite.View product