Christmas: Mince Pie Croissant Pudding
Think mince pies crossed with a bread and butter pudding, but with croissants! A light but festive dessert everyone will love.
1 pack of St Pierre Croissants (8-pack), cut in half
1 tsp butter, to grease the dish(es)
500ml ready-made custard
150ml whole milk
Icing sugar, to dust
Zest of 1 orange
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / 160°C fan / Gas Mark 4.
- Depending on what dishes you have at home, either grease one large ovenproof dish or two smaller dishes with the butter.
- Slice the 8 St Pierre Croissants in half lengthways and spread the insides of the croissants liberally with mincemeat. Set a small amount of mincemeat to one side.
- Arrange the bottom halves of the croissants in the ovenproof dish or dishes.
- Mix the milk with the ready-made custard and pour half of the mixture over the croissants in the dish. Add the tops of the croissants to the dish and dot a small amount of the leftover mincemeat over the top of the dish.
- Pour over the rest of the custard mixture over the top of the dish and zest the orange over the top.
- Cover the dish loosely with foil and place on a baking tray. Bake in the oven for 25-35 minutes, depending on the size of the dish or until the dish is just set.
- Remove from the oven and dust with icing sugar and serve.