Pulled Pork Burgers With Jalapeño Slaw
What’s not to love – juicy pulled pork and a spicy slaw, all encased in delicious brioche. A surefire hit for Bonfire Night!
For the pulled pork burger
1 pack St Pierre Brioche Burger Buns with Sesame Seeds (4-pack)
Boneless shoulder of pork
2 tbsps paprika
Salt and pepper (to taste)
1 tbsp chilli powder
2 tsps sugar
100ml apple cider vinegar
1 large cup BBQ sauce
For the coleslaw
Half a jar Jalapeños
3 handfuls cabbage, finely sliced
1 carrot, grated
2 onions, sliced
4 tbsps mayonnaise
2 tsps cider vinegar
1 tsp mustard
Black pepper (to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 150°C / 130°C fan / Gas Mark 3.
- Rub your shoulder of pork with the paprika, chilli powder, salt and pepper and sugar.
- Put the pork into a large ovenproof dish and pour in your apple cider vinegar before leaving it to cook in the oven for between 4 and 8 hours. If it starts to dry out, cover your dish in foil and pop it back into the oven.
- Whilst the pork is slowly cooking, make your coleslaw by adding the shredded and sliced vegetables to a bowl with your jalapeños, and then add the mayonnaise, mustard and vinegar and mix until everything is coated in the dressing. Set to one side.
- Once your pork has fully cooked, shred the meat using two forks and coat it in BBQ sauce before putting it back into the oven for a further two minutes.
- Load your St Pierre Brioche Burger Buns with Sesame Seeds with a generous spoonful of pulled pork and top with the jalapeño slaw – delicious!