Vegan Strawberries & Cream Croissants
A sweet way to either start the day, perk you up or look forward to at the end of a meal
Strawberries and cream aren’t just for Wimbledon – they’re a perfect combination and treat all year round, and we have the perfect recipe to prove this.
Our Vegan Strawberries & Cream Croissants make for a delicious dessert or sweet snack and take less than half an hour to make. Featuring our light, golden and flaky St Pierre Croissants, which just so happen to be vegan, this dish will make your day magnifique.
- 6 St Pierre Croissants
- 200g salted vegan plant spread, slightly softened but not melted
- 2 tsp ground mixed spice
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 350g-375g icing sugar, sifted
- 1 tbsp hot water
- About 12 strawberries, half sliced half left whole
- Preheat the oven to 160ºC and warm the St Pierre Croissants for 5-6 minutes
- Beat the softened plant spread (butter alternative in a block) with the spices, using an electric hand whisk or food processor. Add half the icing sugar and beat for a couple of minutes
- Add the water and beat in, then add the rest of the icing sugar and beat until fluffy. Transfer to a piping bag fitted with a large star nozzle.
- Leave the croissants to cool a little then slice in half
- Pipe the gingerbread filling onto the base of the croissants in swirls then add a sliced strawberry to each
- Pop on the lids and serve with the rest of the strawberries on the side.