1 aubergine, thinly sliced
1 red onion, thinly sliced
Juice of 1 lemon
1 white onion, finely chopped
A small handful of coriander, finely chopped
800g lamb mince
2 tsps ground cumin
2 tbsps crispy chilli oil bits
2 tbsps balsamic vinegar
5 tbsps soy sauce
5 garlic cloves
5cm knob of ginger
1 tsp garlic powder
1 pack 4 St Pierre Seeded Brioche Burger Buns
1 head of leafy lettuce
- Place the thinly sliced aubergine into a colander and liberally salt them. Leave them to draw out the moisture for between 30 – 60 minutes.
- Place the red onion into a medium bowl and toss with salt and lemon juice, crunching them up as you go. Set aside to quick pickle.
- Combine the lamb mince, white onion, coriander, 1 tsp ground cumin, crispy chilli oil, balsamic vinegar, 3 tbsp soy sauce in a bowl. Grate in 4 cloves of garlic and all of the ginger. Mix well and set aside.
- Rinse off the excess salt from the aubergine and toss with 2 tbsp soy sauce and 1 clove of grated garlic.
- Divide the lamb mince into 4 patties and fry them off either on a BBQ or in a hot pan for 3 minutes on either side until cooked through.
- In the same pan or on the BBQ, fry off the aubergine for 2 minutes on either side until charred and soft.
- Combine the mayo, remaining ground cumin and garlic powder in a small bowl.
- Toast your St Pierre Seeded Brioche Buns in a dry pan for 1-2 minutes until lightly toasted. Spread a layer of mayo mixture, then add a couple of pieces of the lettuce, the lamb burger, grilled aubergine, crumbled feta and finally the top of the Brioche Burger Bun.
Brioche Burger Buns with Sesame Seeds
Lightly sweet and incredibly soft brioche buns, each pre-sliced and ready for a burger of your choice. Enjoy an authentic taste of France, with a delicious plump texture, golden colour and shiny glaze – topped with a handful of tasty sesame seeds for the perfect bun.View product