1 pack of 4 St Pierre Brioche Hot Dog Rolls
4 long sausages (or frankfurters)
4 tsps Dijon mustard
1 tbsp pickled jalapenos, roughly chopped
1 pickled gherkin, roughly chopped
For the pink pickled onions
1 large red onion (or 2 smaller ones), sliced into rings
150ml white wine or cider vinegar
1 tsp yellow mustard seeds
1 tsp whole black peppercorns
Good pinch salt
1 tbsp honey
- To make the pink pickles onions, place the vinegar, mustard seeds, peppercorns and honey into a saucepan and add 150ml water. Stir well and bring to a gentle simmer. Turn off the heat and set the pan aside.
- Add the onions to the pan, pushing them down so they are submerged. Cover the pan and leave for half an hour.
- While the onions are pickling, cook the sausages in the oven or in a frying pan for about 20 minutes or until nicely browned and cooked through. If using frankfurters, warm according to pack instructions.
- Open the Brioche Hot Dog Rolls – it’s easy as they’re pre-sliced. Spread some mustard over the bottoms of the rolls and add some chopped jalapenos and gherkins. Top with a sausage.
- Add some of the pickled onions to the top. You can keep any leftover onions (in the pickling water) in a very clean glass jar in the fridge for a week or so.
Brioche Hot Dog Rolls
Side-split, golden and plump brioche rolls, ideal for your favourite hot dog. Perfectly matched to all the ingredients you love, it’s great with any sauces or condiments – so why not try with camembert and dijonaise?View product