A classic pastry with a Parisian twist
Warmly spiced, sweet and perfect for any time of the day, these Cinnamon Swirls add a French flair to the classic pastry using our Brioche Swirls. A sweet start to a Sunday morning or an afternoon treat to share with friends and family, however you choose to enjoy them, you will be reaching for more.
- 6 St Pierre Vanilla Brioche Swirls or Chocolate Chip Brioche Swirls
- 30g butter, melted
- 60g light brown soft sugar
- 1-2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 60g icing sugar
- 7ml warm water
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC / 180ºC fan / Gas Mark 6
- Melt the butter in the microwave before adding in the light brown sugar and cinnamon
- Set to one side for a few minutes to allow the mixture to cool and thicken slightly
- Dip the top of each swirl into the butter mixture so that it is fully covered and place into a baking dish. Repeat for the rest of the swirls
- Pour any excess butter mixture over the swirls before popping into the oven for 6 minutes
- Whilst the swirls are in the oven, make up your icing by slowly mixing the warm water with the icing sugar, stirring until smooth
- Take the swirls out of the oven and leave them to cool for a couple of minutes
Once they have cooled down a bit drizzle across the icing and enjoy!