Brioche Custard ‘Tart’ Buns
A perfect way to add Parisian flair to your sweet treat anytime of the day
St Pierre Brioche Burger Buns are so versatile, they can be used for sweet and savoury meals, at any time of the day. That’s why we teamed up with MOB Kitchen to show you a different way to use our Brioche Burger Buns with our take on the custard toast trend and adding a touch of Parisian flair to it.
These custard ‘tart’ brioche buns couldn’t be easier to make. Simply use a teaspoon to make an indent in the insides of St Pierre Burger Buns, fill with a custard mixture and bake before topping with your favourite selection of berries.
The ‘tarts’ are so versatile you can change up the toppings to whatever you fancy. Add some jam underneath the custard for that extra fruity flavour or drizzle chocolate on top for an indulgent treat.
Photo credit: MOB Kitchen
MOB Kitchen Instagram Live
Some of you may have seen that MOB Kitchen hosted a live Instagram cookalong in February showing you how to create these delicious ‘tarts’. In case you missed it, or want to watch it again, check out the cook-a-long below:
If you need more recipe inspiration for our Brioche Burger Buns, take a look at our previous collaboration with MOB Kitchen, where we created three delicious recipes, perfect for breakfast, dinner and dessert.
- 2 St Pierre Brioche Burger Buns
- 3 tbsp yoghurt
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 150g selection of your favourite berries
- 2 tbsp fruit jam
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / 160°C fan / Gas Mark 4
- Whisk together the yoghurt, maple syrup, egg and vanilla
- Take both halves of the St Pierre Burger Buns and using a teaspoon press down the insides to make an indent
- Pour the custard mixture into the Brioche Burger Buns and pop into the oven for 8 minutes
- Once the ‘tarts’ are cooked, remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Decorate with your favourite berries, using as many or as few as you like
- Mix the jam with one tablespoon of water and brush this over the fruit so it looks glossy
- Add a sprinkling of icing sugar and enjoy!