Christmas: Pigs In Blankets Brioche Hot Dogs
Great for using up leftover pigs in blankets (or make them fresh), these hot dogs will make sure the festivities continue throughout the Christmas period
1 pack of St Pierre Brioche Hot Dog Rolls (6-pack)
12 chipolata sausages
12 slices of streaky bacon
6 slices of Emmental cheese
1 onion, finely sliced
1 tsp vegetable oil
Sauce – ketchup, brown sauce, mustard mayonnaise or cranberry sauce
- Preheat the oven to 190°C / Fan 170°C / Gas Mark 5.
- Take two chipolata sausages and wrap together with a slice of streaky bacon. Place in an ovenproof dish or baking tray and cook for 25-30 minutes, turning each one over halfway through the cooking time.
- For the last two minutes of cooking, heat the St Pierre Brioche Hot Dog Rolls – opened up on a baking tray. Then remove the bacon-wrapped sausages and Brioche Hot Dog Rolls from the oven.
- Meanwhile, heat the vegetable oil over a medium heat in a small frying pan and then add the sliced onion and cook for 8-10 minutes until the onions have softened. Set aside once cooked.
- To make each Pigs In Blanket Hot Dog Roll, add a slice of Emmental cheese inside a slightly warmed St Pierre Brioche Hot Dog Roll. Then place a set of bacon-wrapped sausages inside the Hot Dog Roll, followed by some cooked onions and a dollop of your sauce of choice.