Tex Mex Sausage Baguette with Avocado Salsa
Tex Mex meets French bakery
Crunchy Tex Mex vegetable slaw, chipolata sausage and our golden St Pierre Brioche Baguettes come together for a delicious flavour-filled sandwich. Serve with tortilla chips, a pot of soured cream and any extra salsa for a real treat.
2 St Pierre Brioche Baguettes
6 chipolata sausages
1 cob of corn
1 small avocado
4 cherry tomatoes, diced
½ small red onion, finely chopped
1 red or green chilli, deseeded and finely chopped (optional)
Juice of 1 lime
2 tsps olive oil
Few coriander leaves, chopped
- Preheat the oven and cook the sausages for about 20-25 minutes or according to the pack instructions.
- Meanwhile, make the salsa. Heat a griddle pan or non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat and cook the corn for 15 minutes, turning frequently, until lightly charred all over. Transfer to a board and hold upright firmly with a fork. Use a knife and slice the kernels off the cob from the top downwards then place in a bowl to cool a little.
- Add the diced avocado and tomatoes to the bowl of corn along with the chopped red onion, some of the chopped chilli and coriander leaves. Season with a pinch of salt, squeeze over half the lime juice then drizzle with olive oil. Mix well then taste and add a little more lime juice if needed.
- Pop the Brioche Baguettes in the oven for a minute or two to warm through, then remove and open them up on a plate. Add some of the corn salsa and three sausages to each baguette, then close the lids.
- Serve with the rest of the salsa on the side along with some soured cream and tortilla chips.