Cumin Lamb and Aubergine BBQ Burger
In partnership with MOB Kitchen, we’ve created this delicious burger full of unexpected flavours for your next BBQ.
1 aubergine, thinly sliced
1 red onion, thinly sliced
Juice of 1 lemon
1 white onion, finely chopped
A small handful of coriander, finely chopped
800g lamb mince
2 tsps ground cumin
2 tbsps crispy chilli oil bits
2 tbsps balsamic vinegar
5 tbsps soy sauce
5 garlic cloves
5cm knob of ginger
1 tsp garlic powder
1 pack 4 St Pierre Seeded Brioche Burger Buns
1 head of leafy lettuce
- Place the thinly sliced aubergine into a colander and liberally salt them. Leave them to draw out the moisture for between 30 – 60 minutes.
- Place the red onion into a medium bowl and toss with salt and lemon juice, crunching them up as you go. Set aside to quick pickle.
- Combine the lamb mince, white onion, coriander, 1 tsp ground cumin, crispy chilli oil, balsamic vinegar, 3 tbsp soy sauce in a bowl. Grate in 4 cloves of garlic and all of the ginger. Mix well and set aside.
- Rinse off the excess salt from the aubergine and toss with 2 tbsp soy sauce and 1 clove of grated garlic.
- Divide the lamb mince into 4 patties and fry them off either on a BBQ or in a hot pan for 3 minutes on either side until cooked through.
- In the same pan or on the BBQ, fry off the aubergine for 2 minutes on either side until charred and soft.
- Combine the mayo, remaining ground cumin and garlic powder in a small bowl.
- Toast your St Pierre Seeded Brioche Buns in a dry pan for 1-2 minutes until lightly toasted. Spread a layer of mayo mixture, then add a couple of pieces of the lettuce, the lamb burger, grilled aubergine, crumbled feta and finally the top of the Brioche Burger Bun.