French Onion Hot Dogs
Give your Bonfire Night hot dogs a French twist with this recipe and our delicious brioche
1 pack St Pierre Brioche Hot Dog Rolls (6-pack)
2 red onions, sliced
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsps brown sugar
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 tbsps mayonnaise
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
A handful of parsley, chopped
6 large sausages
- Heat up your grill to a medium heat.
- Put your sausages under the grill and cook until golden on the outside and piping hot all the way through.
- Whilst cooking, heat the olive oil in a pan over a low heat, then add the sliced red onions. Leave the onions to cook for 20 minutes on the low heat, and keep adding a small splash of water to prevent them from sticking.
- When almost cooked, add the sugar and vinegar to the onions to create a sweet, sticky glaze.
- In a separate bowl, make a quick sauce using your mayonnaise, mustard, juice of the lemon and parsley.
- Once the sausages are fully cooked, load them onto your St Pierre Brioche Hot Dog Rolls, add your caramelised onions, a spoonful of sauce and a sprinkling of grated cheese.
- Finally, finish them under the grill until your cheese has melted – bon appetit!