Spiced Honey Butter Toast
Make Christmas magnifique with something sweet and spiced and all things nice.
Sticky, sweet and warmly spiced, this Spiced Honey Butter Toast is a delicious start to any winter morning. Toasted slices of Brioche Loaf with crisp and caramelised edges, treat your family to a magnifique breakfast treat that will have you all reaching for more.
- 1 St Pierre Brioche Loaf
- 250g block salted butter, softened
- 125g honey
- 2 tsp ground mixed spice
- 60g caster sugar
- 4 clementines, zested
- 2 clementines, halved then sliced into half moons
- Toffee sauce
- Mix together the softened butter, honey, mixed spice and caster sugar then stir in the zest of 3 clementines
- Preheat the oven to 190°C / 170°C fan / Gas Mark 5
- Using about ¾ of the spiced butter, spread an even layer all over the sides and tops of the slices of brioche. Lay the slices on a baking tray (or two) lined with baking parchment then pop in the oven for about 7-8 minutes, until golden and caramelised around the edges. Keep an eye on them as they burn quite easily
- Carefully turn each slice over and spread with the remaining butter, spooning over any melted butter from the tray. Return to the oven for another 4 minutes or until golden
- Transfer the toast to a warmed plate then decorate with the clementine slices and the rest of the zest. Add a generous drizzle of toffee sauce and serve warm