Strawberry Meringue Tear & Share
Create a delicious accompaniment to your afternoon tea
This Strawberry Meringue Tear & Share is a delicious combination of two classic British desserts, with a French twist. Taking the fluffy meringue from a Lemon Meringue Pie, the sweetness of strawberries & Cream and serving them on a Vanilla Brioche Tear & Share creates a magnifique dessert.
- St Pierre Vanilla Brioche Tear & Share
- Strawberry jam
- 3 egg whites
- 175g caster sugar
- 1tsp cornflour
- Preheat the oven at 160°C / 140°C fan / Gas Mark 3
- Make the meringue by whisking together the egg whites, caster sugar and cornflour until it forms stiff peaks
- Add the strawberry jam into the swirls of the Tear & Share and then pipe the meringue on top
- Pop into the oven for around 10 to 15 minutes and it’s ready to serve!