Caramelised Nut Pains Au Chocolat
Festive sweet and nutty treats, transform our Pains au Chocolat into an impressive dish that the whole family won’t be able to resist.
Sweet and nutty pains au chocolat – a delicious treat for those cold winter days. With flaked almonds or roasted hazelnuts caramelised on top of St Pierre Pain Au Chocolat, these festive treats couldn’t be easier to make and will be enjoyed by the whole family. Serve to your guests as an afternoon sweet delight, or make them on Christmas Day morning for a sweet start to a magnifique day.
- 6 St Pierre Pains Au Chocolat
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tbsp caster sugar (golden or regular)
- 2 tbsp flaked almonds
- 2 tbsp chopped roasted hazelnuts (or use pecans or peanuts)
- Icing sugar for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / 160°C fan / Gas Mark 4
- Mix half the caster sugar with the almonds on a plate and then mix the other half with the hazelnuts on a separate plate
- Dip the top of a Pain Au Chocolat in the beaten egg then roll the in the almonds and sugar mix, making sure it’s well coated
- Place on a baking tray and repeat with another two Pains Au Chocolat
- Now drip the remaining three Pains Au Chocolat in the egg then the hazelnut and sugar mix and place on the tray
- Bake in the oven for 6-8 minutes until the nuts are golden and slightly caramelised
- Arrange on a plate and dust with icing sugar