Vegan Tomato, Avocado & Basil Breakfast Croissants
Ideal for a light breakfast or brunch to start your day right and is a magnifique vegan breakfast alternative.
Avocado breakfast dishes continue to be popular with most and there are no signs of this slowing any time soon. So why not try something a little bit different with these Vegan Tomato, Avocado & Basil Breakfast Croissants?
Using St Pierre’s Croissants, which are vegan approved by The Vegetarian Society, this recipe is both light and flavoursome, plus it only takes 15 minutes to create so that you can enjoy this magnifique meal with your loved ones in no time at all.
- 2 St Pierre Croissants
- 2 tsp vegan mayo
- 1 large avocado, halved and de-stoned
- Lemon juice
- 1 vine tomato, sliced thinly
- 2 tsp vegan pesto
- Few fresh basil leaves
- 2 tbsps toasted pinenuts (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 160ºC and warm the St Pierre Croissants for 5-6 minutes (or as per instructions on pack)
- Meanwhile, scoop out the avocado and slice thinly, then squeeze over a little lemon juice. Slice the tomatoes thinly
- When the croissants are warm, slice horizontally, then spread over a little mayo
- Add the sliced avocado and tomato then spoon over a little pesto
- Scatter over a few basil leaves and pop on the lids
- Finish with toasted pinenuts if you like