Halloween Black Bean Burgers
Halloween made magnifique with our spooky burger recipe, served in our delicious St Pierre Brioche Burger Buns
For the burgers:
1 pack of St Pierre Brioche Burger Buns (6-pack)
2 x 400g tins black beans, drained
Chilli flakes (to taste)
1 tsp paprika
Salt & pepper
6 green chillies
A handful of fresh lettuce
6 cheese slices (can be vegan cheese depending on your preferences)
For the salsa verde:
2 handfuls flat leaf parsley
2 garlic cloves
1 handful fresh basil
1 handful fresh mint
1 handful capers
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
200ml extra virgin olive oil
1 chopped green chilli
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Heat up the grill to a medium heat.
- Pour the black beans into a large mixing bowl and mash using a fork. Into the same bowl, add the breadcrumbs, chilli flakes, paprika, salt and pepper and the egg, and give the whole thing a good mix until all the ingredients have combined.
- Using your hands, shape the mixture into burgers – it should divide up into three large patties or six smaller patties (depending on the amount you’d like to make).
- Pop the burgers under the grill and cook until golden on each side and piping hot all the way through.
- Whilst the burgers are cooking, finely chop your flat leaf parsley, two garlic cloves, basil, mint, capers and green chilli.
- Pop all the ingredients into a small bowl and add the mustard, vinegar and olive oil and stir together.
- Once your burgers have cooked, place them on to your St Pierre Brioche Burger Buns, add a slice of cheddar cheese, a few lettuce leaves, a dollop of your fresh salsa verde and finish off by popping the bun top on.
- For a bit of a fun, and to add that spooky Halloween spirit, chop the top off of your green chillies and add to the top of the burger to look like a pumpkin stalk!