Christmas Leftover Mince Pie Croissant Pudding
A light but festive christmas dessert everyone will love.
Looking for a creative way to use up your leftover mince pies from the festive season? We’ve got you covered with our irresistible Christmas Leftover Mince Pie Croissant Pudding recipe. By combining the indulgent flavors of St Pierre Croissants and sweet mincemeat, this dessert takes your leftovers to a whole new level of deliciousness. The buttery croissants soak up a luscious custard mixture, while the zesty orange adds a refreshing twist. Get ready to transform your leftovers into a show-stopping dessert that will impress all your guests.
- 6 St Pierre Croissants, cut in half
- 1 tsp butter, to grease the dish(es)
- 150g mincemeat
- 375ml ready-made custard
- 115ml whole milk
- Icing sugar, to dust
- Zest of 1 orange
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / 160°C fan / Gas Mark 4
- Depending on the available dishes, grease one large ovenproof dish or two smaller dishes with butter.
- Slice the 6 St Pierre Croissants in half lengthways and generously spread mincemeat on the insides of the croissants. Set aside a small amount of mincemeat.
- Arrange the bottom halves of the croissants in the greased ovenproof dish or dishes.
- In a bowl, mix the milk with the ready-made custard, and pour half of the mixture over the croissants in the dish. Place the tops of the croissants on the dish and dot a small amount of the leftover mincemeat over the top.
- Pour the remaining custard mixture over the top of the dish and zest the orange over it.
- Loosely cover the dish with foil and place it on a baking tray. Bake in the oven for 25-35 minutes, adjusting the time according to the dish size, or until the pudding is just set.
- Remove from the oven and dust with icing sugar.