Vegan Pains Au Chocolat With Berries & Chantilly Cream
Indulge at breakfast with this simple, vegan-friendly meal idea
Bringing together a delicious combination of flaky St Pierre’s Pain au Chocolat, fresh berries and a dairy-free, Chantilly-style cream.
Making something special to start your day doesn’t have to be difficult with this Pains Au Chocolat with Berries and Vegan Chantilly Cream recipe. St Pierre’s Pains Au Chocolat, which are vegan approved by The Vegetarian Society, bring a taste of Paris to this easy and quick breakfast dish.
Featuring a mix of fresh and juicy berries, alongside a vegan-friendly, Chantilly-style cream, this breakfast recipe only takes 15 minutes to create so that you can spend more time with your loved ones in the morning and enjoy a magnifique moment together.
- 6 St Pierre Pains au Chocolat
- 1 carton vegan alternative to whipping cream
- 1-2 tsp vanilla bean paste or a good quality vanilla extract
- 1-2 tbsp icing sugar, sifted
- 500g frozen mixed berries, defrosted in the fridge in a bowl
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Few sprigs fresh mint
- Preheat the oven to 160ºC and warm up the St Pierre Pains Au Chocolat for 5-6 minutes
- Check the berries are fully defrosted and gently stir in the maple syrup, taking care not to break the berries up too much. Leave out to come up to room temperature.
- Whip the cream alternative (make sure you can whip it) with an electric hand whisk until it forms soft peaks, then whisk in 1 teaspoon vanilla paste or extract and 1 tbsp icing sugar. Taste and add a little more vanilla and icing sugar if needed.
- Serve the warm Pains Au Chocolat alongside a generous dollop of the Chantilly-style cream, topped with a spoonful of the berries, then garnish with a sprig of mint