Here at St Pierre, we love everything that the French lifestyle embodies – delicious cuisine, beautiful culture, scenic landscapes and so much more. And it appears that most Brits also dream of living the same magnifique lifestyle too, based on our latest research.
To celebrate National Brioche Day (14th May) – our annual day in the calendar celebrating our favourite French food, brioche – we asked 2,000 British adults in a study carried out via OnePoll how much they aspire to living life like the French do.
Here’s what we discovered from the nation based on the results of our study:
- Forty percent feel that the French way of life is better.
- The top reasons why Brits dream of living the French lifestyle is because of the bakeries, landmarks and cheese.
- More than a fifth dream of living it and would consider moving across the Channel.
- Brits consider the French lifestyle to be relaxed (44%), cultured (42%) and sociable (39%).
- Nearly a third of adults believe they have taken inspiration from the French lifestyle already, when it comes to their cooking, interest in artwork and their taste in films and TV.
How French are you?
While most of us might dream of living life like the French do, have you ever wondered how much you’re already doing it? Take our St Pierre How French Are You quiz below to find out.
Here’s what else we discovered in our research and how you can live the French lifestyle from the comfort of your own home with St Pierre’s range of magnifique brioche…
Food For Thought
We found out that 42% of the nation think of France as a ‘foodie country’, with croissants, champagne and brioche named the best items to come out of the country. It also turns out that food and drink are also the biggest reasons Brits want to live in France, with cafes and coffee shops topping the list, followed by bakeries, croissants and pastries.
Recipe: Jambon Fromage
Try out these upgraded cheese & ham sandwiches – with prosciutto, brie and red cabbage, all inside our soft Brioche Baguettes.
Travel & Culture
Food and drink are not the only reasons for Brits wanting to live in France, with other reasons including visiting the Alps, castles and beaches, as well as immersing themselves in art galleries and learning the language.
Experience: 24 Hours In Paris
If you’re looking to get a flavour of the Parisian culture from the comfort of your own home, immerse yourself in the City of Light in our virtual 24 Hours in Paris experience.
You’ll be able to spend a day exploring the capital of France, from breakfast at the Eiffel Tower to spending an evening in Montmarte. Along the way, we’ll give you meal ideas to try at home so that you can live like the French do without having to leave home.
And if you’ve already booked a trip to Paris, be sure to check out our Top 5 Paris Spots video on Instagram to see St Pierre’s recommendations for your city break.
The Language Of Love
When it comes to the language, 26% already speak French and 14% are currently learning. Not only that but Brits believe that over a fifth of our daily vocabulary originates from France, with words such as cliché, baguette and chauffeur believed to have derived from the French language.
Here at St Pierre, we are all about bringing you a taste of France in every bite, so we can bring the best of French food to you with brioche, croissants and crêpes, making you feel as though you are already in Paris.
If you’re looking for more ways to live the French lifestyle to make everyday magnifique, try out some of these ideas:
- Take some meal inspiration from our Recipes section
- Make a simple switch to our brioche products: whether it’s for toast, a burger or hot dog roll
- Take a look at our blog for Parisian inspiration throughout the year including Parisian Christmas Ideas and St Pierre’s Spooky Guide To Paris for Halloween.