Smoked Salmon, Cream Cheese & Avocado Christmas Wreath
This refreshingly colourful Christmas wreath recipe idea will brighten up those winter mornings in style.
Use St Pierre Brioche Buns alongside smoked salmon, cream cheese and avocado to create a magnifique Christmas wreath centrepiece for your dinner table. Served on a large round platter and ideal for sharing with loved ones, this festive breakfast or brunch idea is simple to make and will easily impress those you are celebrating with.
- 6 St Pierre Brioche Buns
- 1 avocado
- 2 lemons, 1 juiced and 1 sliced
- Pinch chilli flakes
- Pinch salt
- 3 baby cucumbers (or half regular cucumber)
- 3 tbsp cream cheese
- 100g sliced smoked salmon
- 6 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 spring onion, halved and cut into very thin strips
- Few sprigs fresh dill
- Few caperberries or capers
- Halve and de-stone the avocado then scoop out the flesh onto a plate. Mash with a fork before squeezing over the lemon juice.
- Add a pinch of chilli flakes and a pinch of salt before mixing well and setting aside
- Use a speed peeler to make ribbons from the cucumbers, or just slice them very thinly with a knife
- Lightly toast the brioche buns and arrange in a ring one a large round serving platter or board
- Spread the smashed avocado over three of the bun bases and spread cream cheese over the other three
- Divide the smoked salmon between the buns, then add a few slices of radish, some cucumber ribbons, shredded spring onion and a little dill
- Scatter over some cress and arrange the lemon slices and caperberries in the middle of the platter
- Serve with the bun lids on the side