What are brioche bagels?
A brioche bagel is a bagel made even better with the flavours and texture of brioche bread. Brioche products are made with what’s called an enriched dough. That means our brioche bagel recipe results in a soft, lightly sweet and rich bread that delivers on taste and texture. Brioche bagels work the same as regular bagels – you can still enjoy them with all your favourite toppings! You’ll just find a richer, more satisfying flavour – we promise!
How to make a brioche bagel?
Our brioche soft bagels are ready to be eaten as they come, straight from the packet. Or, we recommend splitting them in half (they come pre-sliced so it’s simple) and popping them under a grill or in a toaster until warmed and lightly golden.
What to eat with a brioche bagel?
You can eat your brioche bagels just as you would a normal one. You might like yours toasted and simply spread with butter. Or, you might go for brioche bagel toppings like peanut butter, chocolate spread or jam.
Some of our team’s favourite brioche bagel fillings include smoked salmon, cream cheese and capers; ham and cheese; bacon and egg; and smashed avocado.
Looking for more inspiration? Read our blog post for some brioche bagel topping ideas.
Brioche bagels ideas
At St Pierre we believe in making each and every meal délicieux. So, our team has created a collection of our best brioche bagel recipes and ways to serve them for your breakfast, brunch, lunch and snack inspiration.
Brioche Bagels with Houmous and Roasted Vegetables
- 4 St Pierre Brioche Bagels
- 1 courgette
- 1 small red pepper
- 1 small yellow pepper
- 1 small red onion
- 1 clove garlic, unpeeled and smashed
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch sea salt and black pepper
- Pinch dried oregano
- 8 tbsp of your favourite houmous – we like beetroot, lemon and coriander and Moroccan style houmous
- Few rocket leaves
- Heat the oven to 170°C fan (conventional 190°C/Gas 5)
- Slice the courgettes into half moons and chop the peppers and onions into similar sized pieces. Tip them all onto a baking tray and add the whole, unpeeled and smashed garlic clove
- Drizzle with a little olive oil and season with salt, pepper and a generous pinch of dried oregano. Pop in the oven for 10 minutes then stir well.
- Return to the oven for a further 10 minutes or so, until cooked and just turning golden around the edges.
- Squeeze the roasted garlic out of its skin (discard the skin) and mash with a fork, then stir into the vegetables. Lightly toast the brioche bagels under the grill then spread some houmous onto each one
- Divide the vegetables between the bagels then add a little more black pepper and a few rocket leaves
Whether you have your brioche soft bagels for breakfast – at the table or on the go – with your favourite spreads, or for lunch as an upgraded sandwich, we’re sure you’ll find our brioche products delicious, easy to serve and utterly magnifique every time.
Take a look at the rest of the St Pierre product range for more inspiration and ideas for your shopping list and meal prep.